20 September 2011

So, uni finished...

So I have definitely been incredibly slack on ye olde blog and since my last post I have overcome my fear and hatred of Graphic Design, fallen back into it, and overcome it again. Repeat.
I handed in all my work in May? Maybe June. I don't even know anymore. It was such a stressful, tearful and eventually relieving time that I have no clue about what happened in what order anymore. All I know is that it's over.
My plan after the hand in was to a) get incredibly drunk and celebrate in a way that only Bristol knows how b) go back to Fleet and see my parents, let them feed me and be proud of me for finishing my degree c) find a job d) update my blog and act like a designer in the real world. The last two were in no particular order.
In reality what happened was a) got really drunk b) repeat a c) repeat a and b. You get the idea. I did see my parents and that was lovely and my liver really appreciated it and I did get a job. Bar work YAY! Because everyone that spends three years studying a degree does become officially qualified to continue the job they've been going since 18 years old.
That leads me to finally updated this. The pub has given me the break from design that I craved so much and it has also given me the kick up the arse I so needed and made me realise that I do really want to be a designer and because I have no love for bar work it has made me want to come home after work and do something graphics-y or at least start something useful.
I've also (like most under appreciated designers working in small pubs) had the chance to re design the menus and also a logo for my boss's second business. It's all rather cliche and dull but I really do appreciate the break from pouring pints and it does help keep the creative juices flowing just a little bit.
So... Back to uni. I handed in loads (for me anyway) and here it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment